This is probably the first Chinese novel that I read and one of my favorite. It stumbled upon by chance while looking at Kdrama caps on koala playground. So I’m not good at doing reviews but I like to share my thoughts on my favorite novels. (kaka) I really recommend you read this if you haven’t yet.
P.S: I just love Lu Shi Shi
WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILER
Genres: Romance, Han Dynasty period, adventures.
What I love about it:
- the setting( time period), It’s really foreign and interesting to me. The setting is in Han Dynasty. There are quite a lot of politic struggles throughout the novel, but I think it isn’t too complicated or crazy.
- Main characters, there are three main characters. Two guys and one girl. The girl is the main(est) one? I believe this is one of the most heart breaking love triangle. Both of them are right for the girl unlike those where you pray that she will end up with the second lead character. This is why the ending is open because some roots for the first and some for the other. The first half is more about the second male lead and the second part is about the first male lead character.
- Personalities: They all have their flaws and strengths. No one is invincible and good. No one is horrible to the point where you want to kill.
- Female lead character- She’s cool, witty, smart, and fun, but she makes mistakes as well and sometimes lose. She can fight, can use strategies, fight for her love, scheme, and knows what she wants. Personally, I hate reading about stupid female main characters. It’s okay to be average, I don’t expect super female characters either since it’s boring that way. I want one that can do things and is independent. Not afraid to stand up for herself. And she’s a wolf girl who acts like a wolf and has wolf instincts. It’s quite funny and cute at times.
- Ending- I just love the ending, although I love others don’t like it as much as me but I like it because, well, the one I rooted for gets the girl in the end.
- The background story – Everyone has their background stories. I love that there is some deep in their personalities and responsibilities. They’re all good reasons for what they do and how they are.
What I hate:
- MC – She’s too nice and forgiving, at times. So a childhood of her because of a guy ordered people to kill her but she ends up feeling so bad and still care about her. Another one who parents was killed who she supports later try to set up her up, try to kill, do so many things to her because that girl afraid that she will expose her secret, but she still thinks of her as a friend and once again care and forget about it the right way. This is one seriously flaw that I hate that the author did.
- Stupid reason for her to change from one guy to another – The author shouldn’t make that the reason that she has to be with the male lead character. It is like she has no other choice because …(don’t want to ruin it).
I think you would like it if you like tough female lead with two awesome male characters. And if you like something a little light and funny side. There are politic schemes and a hint of tragic with a little fantasy. It’s not too long and not too complicated.